Monday, July 6, 2009

Spring Cleaning in July

Mr. Rootbeer and I are working on getting our home back in order. Since the miscarriage things have spiraled out of control in regard to household chores and such. 6 weeks of not doing anything around the house results in one thing...chaos. Laundry piled up everywhere, miscellaneous items all over the countertop, cobwebs lurking in every corner, and little sticky things on the floor that grab on to your bare feet or socks when you walk. GROSS.



Don't fret ladies and gentlemen. I have a plan. I always have a plan. I have enlisted the help of two wonderful ladies to help me...Mrs. Meyer and the FlyLady.



I am completely OBSESSED with Mrs. Meyer's a clean day products. I, myself, am partial to the lavander scent. However, it is available in other amazing scents like geranium, basil, lemon verbana, and even a baby product line. I love love love the scent of the lavander after I clean a room in my home. I started with purchasing the countertop spray, and loved it so much, I sprung for the all purpose solution, which I use on anything and everything in my house. This stuff cleans my stainless steel cooktop like nothing else. I have bought countless specialty stainless steel cleaners and nothing even comes close. So anywho, this stuff is fabulous. Check out her stuff here: http://www.mrsmeyers.com/ I buy mine at Target btw.



OK so let's talk about the FlyLady. I was catching up on my blogs this morning, when I came across a comment mentioning the FlyLady. This chick is definitely going to whip my disorganized ass into shape. If your house is cluttered and in need of a serious cleaning, this site is for you. I plan on taking some before and after pics. She has some great ideas, and I plan on putting them to good use. I will stop babbling about it and give you the link so you can check this out for yourself: http://www.flylady.net/pages/begin_babysteps.asp



So, between myself, Mr. Rootbeer and these two ladies, I think I should have things under control in the next few weeks. I am by nature a very neat and clean being, and this just isn't right. When you get to the point where you run to the store to buy an outfit instead of doing a load of laundry, you know shit is out of control.



So wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment