Saturday, April 4, 2009

Split Personalities

I am a typical type A personality...most of the time.

Type A individuals can be described as impatient, excessively time-conscious, insecure about their status, highly competitive, hostile and aggressive, and incapable of relaxation. They are often high achieving workaholics who multi-task, drive themselves with deadlines, and are unhappy about the smallest of delays. Because of these characteristics, Type A individuals are often described as "stress junkies" (Wikipedia)

Sometimes I think I suffer from some sort of split personality disorder. When it comes to things that are important, yet not urgent, I just can't seem to get them done in a timely manner. For example, I have been married for roughly 6 months and I still haven't finished writing out the Thank Yous. I know, I know conventional etiquette generously allows up to one year from the date of the wedding. But when people all around you have gotten married since and you have received their thank yous, you start to feel a little rude.

Furthermore, my wedding gown along with my cathedral length, pain-in-the-ass veil are still hanging in my office closet, clad with the dust and dirt they picked up on our wedding night. And, I still have not sent my final edits in regard to our wedding album to the photographer so that I can finally get our album.

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH ME???

Why am I so on task with everything in my life but I can't seem to sew up everything from the wedding? Am I subconsciously holding on to the wedding? Hahaha! That makes me chuckle. I am so relieved that the wedding is finally over and our life has calmed down again. I need to harness my type A, anal retentive, bitch tendencies to fight the evil that is lingering wedding bullshit.

It is my goal to get it all out of my life this weekend. I am vowing to get the dress and veil back to the dress shop to be cleaned and packed up, to get all the thank yous in the mail, and e-mail the final edits and selections to the photographer. It needs to be done!

So much for all the gardening I wanted to do this weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment