Monday, April 27, 2009

Baby Rootbeer is on the way!

I am pregnant. Knocked the fuck up. Bun in the oven. Holy shit.

Last night Mr. Rootbeer and I went out for a wonderful hibachi dinner. It was delicious! I was a day late for my period. I had planned on testing today but I couldn't wait anymore, I have been soooo patient. And my chart has been looking beauteous! So after consulting my trusty TTC sidekick Bubbalini, I decided to hold my pee for a few hours and see what happened.

After dinner I had some spotting, my heart sank. I thought to myself "its over". But I was wrong. I peed on the stick and I saw a faint line!!! I couldn't believe my eyes. I ran into the living room where Mr. Rootbeer was watching the Yankees game, shoved it in his face and said "What do you see?" He said he saw a line, and then he asked why it was so light. He looked so happy but apprehensive at the same time. I sent pictures to Bubbalini to see what she thought and she said she thought she might be able to see them. I decided I would test again today with FMU.

I had a really hard time falling asleep. I kept telling myself that if for some reason AF shows her ugly face that I will not be upset, a little disappointed but not upset. We gave it everything we had this cycle. We used the preseed, I was so dilligent about testing, our timing was perfect, and I was very well behaved during the 2ww, minus the scorpion bowl I drank by myself the night we concieved.

So, I woke up at 5 am this morning ran into the bathroom and peed into a cup, dipped the stick in, and waited....

Suddenly, a beautiful little plus sign appeared before me! I ran back into the bedroom, knocking the cup full of pee all over the floor, and jumped onto the bed. We laid there and just smiled for about a half hour. And I haven't stopped smiling yet.

The only symptom I think I can claim as of now is total exhaustion. I cannot wait to get out of work today and nap...

No comments:

Post a Comment